We had a weird but to the point show, with a touch of Hunter Thompsonesque brutality. Sorry that some of the music came through a bit loudly. After some initial weirdness, I got into the news.
- The Main Street Economic Effect: 10 Reasons why This Recession will feel like a Minor Depression.
- FT.com / Global Economy – Oil ministers say Opec needs big cut
- Iraqi journalist hurls shoes at ‘dog’ Bush
- Senate Republicans want Bill Clinton to testify at
- Illinois governor ignores Obama’s call to resign – Yahoo! News
- $50 billion at stake after Wall St broker Bernard Madoff is arrested over `world’s biggest swindle’ – Times Online
I then went nuts, and played a sleazy story by Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, detailing how the rich on Palm Beach truly live. I mixed music behind it, in a strange controlled accident. It went pretty well for a first attempt. I then continued with the technology portion of the show.
- MyFox Washington DC | McCain Campaign Sells Info-Loaded Blackberry to FOX 5 Reporter
- Google cranks up the Consensus Engine o The Register
I then went on a whole rant about how I will stop using Windows entirely, and the virtues of Linux and open-source software. I used Google as an example, of course. I then chilled things out with some ambient music, and closed with some Rush. All and all, a very weird
show, with slightly too loud music, but still enjoyable.